[GRASS-dev] wms in wxgrass?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 30 12:46:52 EDT 2007

HamishB wrote:

> Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:
>> My experience with wms maps in Grass is more than frustrating, I
>> haven't been able, so far, to import anything with r.in.wms but this
>> is a separtate oddissey.
>
> Could you try the r.in.wms in the new 6.2.2rc1 release? I hope we have
> all the bugs and bashisms fixed now.

I have tried it in our new NC dataset location:
# list available layers
r.in.wms -l output=terraserver-drg  \
        mapserver=http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ogccapabilities.ashx
# -> works

g.region rural_1m -p
r.in.wms output=terraserver-drg
mapserver=http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ogcmap6.ashx          layers=DRG
region=rural_1m format=tiff wgetoptions="--user-agent=MSIE5.5"
Calculating tiles
Requesting 1 tiles.
Downloading tiles
Tile already downloaded