[GRASS-dev] cvs2svn at GRASSWiki

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 31 05:16:49 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> One annoying problem I've noticed with other projects using SVN - the
> files timestamps get set to the packaging/download time.  I hope
> there is a way to avoid this.  I realize SVN keeps track of date/time
> for the files, but it's nice to see it in the file system also.

CVS behaves the same way.

In general, this is correct behaviour, as it reflects the time that
your filesystem changed.

If you update a source file from CVS/SVN, whether or not "make"
re-compiles any corresponding object file should depend upon when the
source file changed on your system, not when it changed in the
repository or on the developer's system.