No subject

Wed Nov 14 13:37:45 EST 2007

to use the Matrox provided driver, the Xfree glx is slightly faster.

> I use the stock XFree86 glX module without DRI, so Mesa is used for
> the rendering. It isn't particularly fast, but at least it doesn't
> crash the system so hard that not even Alt-SysRq-* work.

With DRI disabled and glx enabled the result is twice as fast as
with both disabled (try "gears"), better than nothing...

> A suggestion regarding NVIZ bug reports: ask the user to post the
> output from "glxinfo", and check that it contains:
>
> 	OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>
> If it doesn't, tell them to try using the stock XFree86 glX module
> without DRI, and see if the problem persists. If it does, we have a
> problem. If it goes away, it's yet another failed attempt at OpenGL.

Yes, confirmation that this is working:

glxinfo |grep "OpenGL\|glx"
 server glx vendor string: SGI
 server glx version string: 1.2
 server glx extensions:
 client glx vendor string: SGI
 client glx version string: 1.2
 client glx extensions:
 OpenGL vendor string: VA Linux Systems, Inc.
 OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
 OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 3.4
 OpenGL extensions:

This is working on Redhat7.1 with Xfree 4.0.3 and nviz and Matrox G450.

Today I'll try Xfree 4.1.0. Maybe a new chance for DRI?

Later,

 Markus