No subject

Wed Nov 14 13:37:45 EST 2007

east north attributes
When finished, type: end
location attributes> 2 3
WARNING: error scanning floating point attribute
location attributes> 2 3 4
location attributes> 1 2
location attributes> 1 2 3
location attributes> 12 13 13 13
location attributes> 1 1
location attributes> 1
** invalid format **
location attributes> end

which is interesting because it accepts e,n input and auto-increments cat #s, but only after a first attribute is defined.

Rather than just making a more helpful error message, what I think should really happen is if only a easting and northing are detected on the first line, s.in.ascii should accept it and assign and increment category numbers automatically. This already happens so I can't imagine it would be too hard to scan the first line of input ala argc==2 of whatever.

thanks,
Hamish (who'll leave messing with the important modules to the more experienced)
[and who just updated the man page for this module, which was just compounding the problem with wrong information]