No subject

Wed Nov 14 13:37:45 EST 2007

command. However, the output is pretty meaningless while the command is
running. Here is an example:

d.measure

AFTER you quit, you get a nice screen of information that looks like this

Buttons:
Left:   where am i
Middle: set FIRST vertex
Right:  quit this
EAST:  711127.4334203
NORTH: 4285945.20996221
EAST:  711185.34103458
NORTH: 4285943.14183313

Left:   where am i
Middle: set NEXT vertex
Right:  FINISH
LEN:       120.33 meters
LEN:       268.38 meters
LEN:       449.68 meters

Buttons:
Left:   DO ANOTHER
Middle:
Right:  quit this

LEN:       449.68 meters
AREA:        0.33 hectares
AREA:      0.0013 square miles
AREA:     3340.46 square meters

This information (except for the final totals) needs to be shown during the
measurement session. This was the case in recent version of d.measure.

For now, I'll just have d.measure open in an xterm from the GUI, where it
works fine. I'll get this fixed in the CVS tomorrow and update the package
on my website soon (hopefully tomorrow).

Probably related to this, you now cannot get d.measure to open its tcltk
dialog from the command line. It only seems to operate in xterm mode. Seems
like some switch needs to be set differently.

Michael Barton

C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA