No subject

Wed Nov 14 13:37:45 EST 2007

GRASS 6.1.cvs (SaskNad83UTM) > which awk
/usr/bin/awk

This is the one present in the OSX system files.

With respect to fink, the only file on my system (Spotlight search for FINK=
)
is FinkCommander.pl.=A0 I haven't used it.

So, on a whim I opened the v.db.addcol script and commented out the portion
of the script which tests to see if AWK is present.

v.db.addcol=A0 =A0appears to work.

Emboldened by my apparent success, I did the same with d.qgis which is a
second instance where I got the Awk not present error message.=A0 This works
as well.

It seems that the problem is not whether AWK is present, but with the=A0 test
to see if AWK is present.

Any thoughts on the cause of this.=A0=A0

I'm hoping that the problem isn't too deep as commenting out code pretty
much taps out my programming skills.

Thanks

Dave

On Mar 7, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Dave Kent wrote:

> Thanks Michael:
>=20
> I get:
>=20
> GRASS 6.1.cvs (SaskNad83UTM) > $PATH
> tcsh:=20
> /usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/grasslib/bin:/Applications/Grass=
/gras
> s61cvs.app/Contents/Resources/grass-6.1.cvs/bin:/Applicati
> ons/Grass/grass61cvs.app/Contents/Resources/grass-6.1.cvs/scripts:/usr/bi=
n:/bi
> n:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin: Command not found.
>=20
>=20
> Looks like=A0 /usr/bin is present.=A0 In fact it is in twice.=A0 Could this be =
> problem?
>=20
> What does "command not found" indicate?
>=20
> Dave
>=20
>=20
> On Mar 7, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Michael Barton wrote:
>=20
>>  It sounds like a path problem. That is, it sounds like /usr/bin is not =
in
>> your default path, or at least the one active within the GRASS environme=
nt.
>> From the GRASS command line, type
>> =20
>>  $PATH
>> =20
>>  (followed by return) and see if /usr/bin is in the list of folders.
>> =20
>>  Michael
>>  ______________________________
>>  Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>>  School of Human Evolution and Social Change
>>  Arizona State University
>>  Tempe, AZ =A085287-2402
>>  USA
>> =20
>>  voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671
>>  www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton
>> =20
>> =20
>> =20
>>=20
>> From: Dave Kent <dkent at sasktel.net>
>>  Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 23:11:40 -0600
>>  To: <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
>>  Subject: [GRASSLIST:10784] awk not found on Mac osx, Repost
>> =20
>>  I posted this some time ago.=A0 Markus responded with a change which has =
been
>> incorporated into CVS code.
>> =20
>>  However, this hasn't helped things for me as I still am getting a probl=
em
>> with "awk required"
>> =20
>>  I am using 6.1 CVS with Lorenzo's binaries (06 March 06 ) on a macintos=
h OS
>> 10.4.=A0=A0
>> =20
>>  When I try to add a database column I get:
>> =20
> [...]

--Boundary_(ID_W7MLaQZOf80DnYdnWYt1Dw)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [GRASSLIST:10798] Re: awk not found on Mac osx, Repost</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN DEFANGED_STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Dave,=
<BR>
<BR>
I didn&#8217;t write either one of these scripts, but I&#8217;m sending thi=
s to the GRASS Developer list so that those who did might be able to trouble=
shoot.<BR>
<BR>
In your case, the edits you did should cause no problems.<BR>
<BR>
It LOOKS like everything is fine with your system. You might try the time t=
ested formula of simply downloading Lorenzo&#8217;s binaries again (there is=
 a new set yesterday that you will need if you want to use the new version o=
f the GIS Manager with transparency I am testing and about to release). The =
new binaries from yesterday also have a new grass libraries file to install.=
 <BR>
<BR>
Michael<BR>
__________________________________________<BR>
Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology<BR>
School of Human Evolution and Social Change<BR>
Arizona State University<BR>
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402<BR>
<BR>
phone: 480-965-6213<BR>
fax: 480-965-7671<BR>
www: <a href=3D"http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton">http://www.public.asu.ed=
u/~cmbarton</a> <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<HR ALIGN=3DCENTER SIZE=3D"3" WIDTH=3D"95%"><B>From: </B>Dave Kent &lt;dkent at sask=
tel.net&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:23:51 -0600<BR>
<B>To: </B>Michael Barton &lt;michael.barton at asu.edu&gt;<BR>
<B>Cc: </B>Multiple recipients of list &lt;GRASSLIST at baylor.edu&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: [GRASSLIST:10798] Re: awk not found on Mac osx, Repost<=

<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>