[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:37:09 EDT 2007

Most of these shell scripts are not in the menu system because they require
external programs that are not GRASS dependencies. Unless you are planning
for Windows users to run these from the command line, you can eliminate many
of these.

Michael

On 11/1/07 3:01 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> 3. Additional utilities:
>
> avcimport  v.in.e00
> cs2cs   m.proj, r.tileset, v.in.garmin, v.in.gpsbabel
> curl   r.in.wms
> e00conv   v.in.e00
> fc-list   mkftcap
> gardump   v.in.garmin
> gdal_translate  d.out.file, r.out.gdal.sh
> gdalinfo  i.in.spotvgt, r.out.gdal.sh
> gdalwarp  r.in.aster, r.in.wms
> gnuplot   i.spectral
> gpsbabel  v.in.gpsbabel
> gpstrans  v.in.garmin
> ldd   v.in.wfs
> lynx   v.in.wfs
> man   g.manual
> ogrinfo   v.in.wfs
> perl   d.monsize
> pngtopnm  d.out.gpsdrive
> pnmtojpeg  d.out.gpsdrive
> sqlite3   v.db.join
> sync   d.out.gpsdrive
> unzip   r.in.srtm
> wget   r.in.wms
> wms.download  r.in.wms
> wms.request  r.in.wms
> xgraph   d.polar
> xml2   r.in.wms
>
> BTW, the use of "ldd" by v.in.wfs is entirely bogus:
>
> # xerces support compiled in?
> OGRINFO=`which ogrinfo`
> if [ -z "`ldd $OGRINFO | grep xerces`" ] ; then
>  g.message -e "OGR needs to be compiled with xerces-c support"
>  exit 1
> fi
>
> This needs to be changed to something which will work on other
> platforms. Does "gdalinfo --formats" suffice?
>
> Also, we don't really need all three of lynx, wget and curl; any one
> of those would suffice.

Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213