[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Thu Nov 1 20:07:33 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 10:30 +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Brad Douglas wrote:
>
> > > Let's just all try and put together a complete list of what's
> > > needed first, then I'll have a go at it.
> >
> > I haven't been following the thread, but caught something interesting in
> > this message.
> >
> > It may be overkill, but I'd like to add configure checks for the final
> > listing.  What we have has served us well, but adding more checks takes
> > little time and would help catch portability issues.
> >
> > Please cc: me on the final list unless someone decides this would be
> > more clutter than solution.
>
> configure is meant for compile-time checks. You can still build GRASS
> without the utilities which are used in scripts. Conversely, just
> because the utilities are present on the host, it doesn't mean that
> they will be present on the target.

Why not check and disable parts that do not have the required
program(s)?

Target<->host isn't a great argument.  You can say that with just about
anything in configure.  In the vast majority of instances, GRASS is
packaged.  When I build a new RPM spec file, configure.in is very useful
in revealing dependencies.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>