[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Nov 10 19:10:29 EST 2007

On Sat, November 10, 2007 17:37, Michael Barton wrote:
> We tried installing twice the old way. Then when Isaac had him install the
> other way, it worked. Isaac said that there were some files preceded by 2
> dots (i.e., ..file) that *didn't* get copied the first times. He is
> guessing
> that there are some Unix files that don't get installed properly under XP
> by
> simply opening the zip file and dragging the content. It needs to be
> completely unzipped.

Today, I suddenly have seen the problem appear and I don't really
understand where this comes from:

The only situation where I get the select window to work, is when I launch
grass via a shortcut to the grass63.bat and this shortcut is configured to
use c:\ as the working directory. Any other working directory (including
the default of the shortcut which is c:\grass\bin) gives me the empty
select window Javi as been seeing. The same when I click directly on
c:\grass\bin\grass63.bat. When I start grass in text mode and then launch
gis.m from the command line, it is exactly the same: I can only see the
maps in the select window if the current directory is c:\ when I launch
gis.m.

So it seems to be linked to gis.m. Have there been any changes recently
that might explain this ? I have never even worried about the working
directory before, except for testing whether setting %USERPROFILE% in the
shortcut properties works and it did at the time. Now it doesn't
anymore...

Javi and Michael, could you also test whether this corresponds to what is
happening in your case ?

Moritz