[GRASS-dev] where= and cats= to all vector commands

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:27:31 EST 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
> > +1
> > I think it would be really useful and standardize the inputs for vector
> > commands.
>
> +1
>
> > I agrre that if one want to merge cat and where he can add in the where
> > clause.
> > At this point is cats necessary?
>
> Yes. If the vector has no table, the features can still have
> categories (they usually do).
>
> Maciek

This is a good point. I am all for standardizing... however Hamish's qualms
are an important issue. We should come up with an organized approach to
testing and re-testing these large-scale changes so that we aren't faced with
a pile of non-working but standardized modules.

This brings up a related topic: a complete GRASS test suite. I know that Soren
(?) had something like this going -- however work on the test suite might be
of higher importance than features.

Thoughts?

Dylan

--