[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 backport question

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Nov 15 18:46:17 EST 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:

> >> I have seen a set of fixes in the CVS which haven't been backported
> >> yet. So far I didn't figure out the magic line to push a fix
> >> from HEAD to release branch.
> >
> > This normally works (from the branch):
> >
> > 	cvs update -j HEAD <filename>
> > 	cvs commit <filename>
> >

> I have tried this in
> macosx/app/
> and then run 'diff -ru ...' on it against HEAD. They are not identical.

If I do:

	cd /usr/local/src/grass/cvs	# HEAD
	cvs update
	cd /usr/local/src/grass/6.3	# releasebranch_6_3
	cvs update
	cd macosx/app
	cvs update -j HEAD
	cd /usr/local/src/grass
	diff -rq {6.3,cvs}/macosx/app

the only differences are in the CVS/* files (Tag and Entries).

It may be worth updating the directories with "cvs update -A" and
"cvs update -r releasebranch_6_3" respectively to ensure that you
don't have any incorrect sticky tags.