[GRASS-dev] Re: grass cvs2svn migration status

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:02:27 EST 2007

Hi all,

let me inform you about progress in cvs2svn migration.

There are three different SVN repo proposals, see [1]. After
discussion with several people (thanks also to Markus), the best
solution seems to be [2]. The scripts used for the conversion and log
files (including properties test) are available on-line [3], the
*testing SVN repo* [4]:

http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?root=grass-svn2

There is still one problem, on the history page [5] are mentioned few
releases which I cannot find in CVS (or migrated SVN) repo:

# 8/2005 GRASS 6.0.1RC1 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team
# 8/2005 GRASS 6.0.1RC2 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team
# 22 Aug. 2005 GRASS 6.0.1 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team
# 29 Dec. 2005 GRASS 6.0.2RC1 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team
# 3 Jan. 2006 GRASS 6.0.2RC2 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team
# 3 Jan. 2006 GRASS 6.0.2RC3 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team
# 6 Jan. 2006 GRASS 6.0.2RC4 version from ITC-irst/GRASS Development Team

Finally, if there are no serious objections, I can prepare during next
days (will be announced here) final dumpstream for OSGeo...

Note: for all text files are used keywords=Author Date Id Revision (or
should be used only keywords=Date for HTML files?)

Best, Martin

[1] http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Migration_from_CVS_to_SVN#Proposed_structure
[2] http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Migration_from_CVS_to_SVN#Final_scenario
[3] http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa/grass-cvs2svn/