[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 release - need to set default font

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 17:42:09 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:
> It should go into the user's environment, via ~/.grass.bashrc or one
> of the standard shell initialisation scripts, like any other user
> preference.

my guess here is that Michael is not seeing the GRASS_FONT set in .grass.bashrc
as he is working in a GIS.m lauched by init.sh *before* the grass terminal
session (and thus .grass.bashrc) is run. If gis.m is run from the grass
terminal prompt it should see it.

If that is the case a previously mooted solution is to have a ~/.grassrc file
which is sourced earlier in the game, before GUI subprocesses are spawned.

If we do add that, an idea of what a possible GRASS 7 ~/.grass/ dir might
contain could help reduce migration issues later.

Hamish