[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 release - need to set default font

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 26 04:31:32 EST 2007

On 25/11/07 12:47, Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure that this was discussed briefly, but cannot find it in
>> the
>> dev archives.
>>
>> Sometime recently (past couple months), I've ended up without any default
>> font for GRASS in versions I compile, and have to set a font before I
>> have
>> any text with barscales, legends, and the like.
>>
>> The new TrueType font capabilities are great and much nicer than the old
>> default stroke fonts, but we should have *something* set as a default
>> font
>> when GRASS starts up. This is a problem on Mac and Windows builds but may
>> not be showing up on Linux builds.
>
> Does the problem go away if the fontcap file is regenerated:
> g.mkfontcap -o
> ?
> If so, this would be an issue with the install procedure not generating
> the fontcap file to match the local system and the installation location
> of GRASS.

This problem was already identified for windows as well:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2007-October/033784.html

I was planning on implementing the fix Glynn suggests at the end of the
thread, but if this problem shows up on other systems, then maybe we
need a more universal solution ?

Moritz