[GRASS-dev] Re: WinGrass testing results 6.3.0rc2

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Nov 27 10:47:41 EST 2007

On 27/11/07 16:30, Michael Barton wrote:

> On 11/27/07 2:08 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>>> NVIZ won¹t launch (but did in a recent binary)
>> It works fine for me. Could you be a bit more specific (how do you
>> launch it ? What is the error message ?) ?
>
> Attempt to launch the NVIZ gui from the file menu
> Attempt to automatically launch NVIZ from the map display toolbar button
> Attempt to launch NVIZ from the gronsole command line
> AFAIK there is no other way to launch this from GRASS for Windows.

There is when you launch grass with GRASS_GUI=text. Then you just type
nviz at the command line.

> In all cases there is either
> 1) TclTk error (child process aborted) or
> 2) Succinct Windows (?) error "Sigbert" or
> 3) Nothing

Hmmh, what version of tcltk is installed ?

Could you try launching grass in text mode (open windows terminal and
type 'c:\grass63RC2\bin\grass.bat -text') and then type 'nivz' and see
what happens ?

How do you launch grass ?

Moritz