[GRASS-dev] raster offset with cairo driver

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 05:58:19 EST 2007

> So, it's still not able to obsolete the PS driver. Initially, this
> isn't likely to be a problem; cairo's drawing model is close enough to
> PostScript that it would be feasible to maintain both drivers in the
> short term.

I had expected from the current Tcl/wxPy work that the PNG driver would be the
mainstay of the GRASS 7 desktop GUI rendering. Do I detect a hint that the PS
driver may be challenging it for that role? (with some ps2ppm magic) Or what
about the choice of Cairo vs. the PNG driver for ppm-backed GUI display
windows?
It is kind of cool to think that they may be somewhat interchangable for GUI
rendering.

Hamish