[GRASS-dev] where to post native WinGrass errors

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Nov 28 08:06:23 EST 2007

On 28/11/07 13:41, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> Hello,
> since I had troubles with windGrass on Cygwin I thought I'll just try the native
> WinGrass.
>
> Where can I post screenshots and error messages of native WinGrass?

Best would be the wingrass mailing list:

> Basicly, the error message goes like:
>
> access: Invalid argument
> ERROR: LOCATION << C:/grass63RC2/bin/<UNKNOWN> >> not available

This is actually not really an error (the message needs to be changed),
but just a result of the fact that you launch grass for the first time,
without a .grassrc6 file defined.

You normally should see the grass startup graphical window open, with
another, graphical warning window entitled "WARNING: invalid location".
Just click on ok and then set the path to your GIS Data Directory and
chose location and mapset.

Moritz