[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][496] v.proj overwrites even if --o wasn't given

grass-dev at grass.itc.it grass-dev at grass.itc.it
Mon Oct 1 22:21:38 EDT 2007

code I item #496, was opened at 2007-10-02 14:21
Issue type: module bad feature
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: vector
Operating system: Linux
Operating system version: debian/etch
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070901

Initial Comment:
v.proj skips checking for the --overwrite flag, it overwrites regardless after issuing a WARNING: that the map exists and will be overwritten. It should follow normal module conventions and not do that unless --o or GRASS_OVERWRITE=x was set.

My test used just an input map name, ie the output map name was taken from the input name and not given on the command line for the parser to test.

r.proj probably needs checking too, it may do the same.

thanks,
Hamish