[GRASS-dev] Re: impending wiki spam bombing

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Oct 2 05:17:33 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:01:43AM +0200, Hamish wrote:
> M:
> H:
> > > Looks good!
> M:
> > We tried it yesterday, but it enabled only the Chinese version.
> > We didn't manage to enforce English or even what the browser
> > says (mine definitely doesn't send "zh"). So we had to remove it.
>
> ?! hmph.
> An idea- my Debian/sarge box once installed a bunch of Chinese versions
> automatically. It turned out the problem was that the package relied on a
> meta-package which could be fulfilled by a number of language specific
> packages. So it installed the first language package on the list, which was
> Chinese, and hilarity ensued.

Maybe you could guide me offlist how to verify that? I think that
the machine is a rather minimalistic (sarge) installation.

> also for ConfirmEdit "The current version(s) require PHP5; for PHP4-compatible
> versions, use an older version available in the SVN."  ?
>
> taken from SVN? I see that ConfirmEdit.i18n.php has had many edits in the last
> 3 weeks.

Of course we took an older release from SVN :)
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/ConfirmEdit/ConfirmEdit.php?view=log#rev19995
Revision 19995
PHP 4 / MW 1.6 compat

> too late for me tonight, but they have an IRC channel for support-
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#I_have_a_question_not_answered_here._Where_do_I_go_next.3F
>

> I would like to keep working on this problem.

Me, too, but I also need to do my regular work.
Will try again later...

cheers,
Markus