[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-PSC] GRASS 7 Migration from CVS to SVN - GForge trackers fork

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 02:24:31 EDT 2007

> > Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > > The oustanding issue hampering the info flow is the
> > > inability to CC from the GForge tracker
> >
> > I forgot to add that this can be workedaround by enabling
> > *all* messages posted from the GForge trackers web form to
> > be forwarded to GRASS dev list. Currently it is disabled
> > (only the initial report is forwarded) as I was told this
> > would be not welcome on such a high-traffic list. Now I'm
> > thinking that maybe the extra traffic is worth it, when the
> > stake is a better info flow? Please let me know what you think.
Markus:
> I think that the problem is the opposite:
> grass-dev -> GForge doesn't work so that list follow-ups are lost.

Right. The idea is that the bug ticket is the catch-all for information
on the bug, not so much that grass-dev is kept up to date with every
minor detail. A button on the web form to cc grass-dev list would be a
nice feature if the person doing the update thought it is of interest to
the wider community, but isn't critical or as lossy as the info never
moving the other direction into the bug ticket.

[this is just and idea and would take some coding..]
The tracker would be subscribed to the -dev list, and would parse the
message subjects for e.g. [issue #...] and file appropriately after
stripping most email headers. To avoid spam the tracker software would
ignore all email from any other address, and the existing grass-dev spam
filters would ensure that no spam gets in.

Hamish