[GRASS-dev] another make problem (OSX, but could be a general problem)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Oct 3 10:33:41 EDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 4:10 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> But that rule is used for libraries and modules alike. I have no idea
> why it would behave differently for libraries and for modules.
>
> Everything points to this being a "make" bug. Can you try with 3.81 to
> see if it happens there?

3.81 works.  There were a couple rebuilds, but that may have been
from earlier rebuilds, like sqlp.  I verified by building 3.80 from
source (complete rebuild, so Apple didn't do anything to make).

So, looks like there may have been some bugs in 3.80.  But, your
average Mac user is not going to want to install a current make.
And, since Markus had the same problem, there may be Linux distros
that have an older make in their package manager.

> Before that, can you try using "make -p" on both a library and a
> module?

I remembered to zip it this time :)