[GRASS-dev] Grass 6.3-cvs fails to preserve database connection changes

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Oct 4 15:37:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

I noticed that Grass 6.3 cvs doesn't 'remember' the database changes that were applied during the last session:

>db.connect -p
driver:dbf
database:$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/
schema:
group:

>db.connect driver=sqlite database=/home/epatton/Projects/FundyBathy/2007006/databases/BOF_2007.db
>db.connect -p
driver:sqlite
database:/home/epatton/Projects/FundyBathy/2007006/databases/BOF_2007.db
schema:
group:

(exit Grass63, then start it again)

>db.connect -p
driver:dbf
database:$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/
schema:
group:

I've tried setting my database changes via the gui as well, with no difference. I've double-checked that sqlite database I'm trying to connect to is where I pointed to. Shouldn't Grass preserve the database settings from session-to-session?

Thanks,

~ Eric.