[GRASS-dev] native WinGRASS and attribute data deadlock, next try

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Oct 6 16:41:30 EDT 2007

On Fri, October 5, 2007 12:35, benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de wrote:
> OK, how about putting some defs into xdr_stdio.c, so that
> unbuffered i/o only gets compiled on Win32?

No need as we supply a special static version of libxdr with wingrass. So
whatever we do there does not affect other versions of GRASS.

> For the time being, this would mean losing raster performance
> on native win, but in exchange having full vector functionality.
> Not a bad deal until xdr_stdio.c gets a full re-write, I would
> think.

Actually, as Glynn points out, we do not even have a performance loss
since libgis does not use pipes. So the current wingrass version should
work without any problems.

However, I agree with Glynn that the ideal solution is to just get rid of
xdr for DBMI communication.

Moritz