[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 release preparation

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Oct 14 19:02:10 EDT 2007

Glynn, do you think the makefile changes for the extension building
will make it into the 6.3 release?

I haven't paid much attention to the 6.3 feature plan, but I see
there is an item about using GEM for addons that this may affect
(simplifying GEM).

On Oct 14, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>> I think that it is time to get out a GRASS 6.3.0 release
>> (as sort of technology preview). It would be great to
>> have it ready for FOSS4G2007, say, September.
>>
>> IMHO, GRASS 6.3-CVS is in a good shape. Thoughts?
>>

> I suggest to try again these days once Glynn/Moritz have updated
> for the winGRASS DBMI troubles (patch is prepared but AFAIK not
> yet submitted). With help of others I'll do backporting as needed
> (and 6.3.0 is the typical "technology preview").
>
> Markus

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people
of the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating
the ____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war