[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.2: gis.m crashes when there are more than one map with same name in path

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Oct 16 08:37:05 EDT 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> > I don't know if this is a problem with just my installation (compiled
> > Debian 6.2.2 package with source code from Debian site) but it seems
> > that that an important bug which (AFAIK) is fixed in 6.3, is still
> > present in 6.2.2:
> >
> > In spearfish:
> >
> > 1) g.copy vect=fields at PERMANENT,fields
> >
> > 2) Select 'fields' as vector file to display and in Map Display "Zoom to
> > selected map".
> >
> > => gis.m crashes and in terminal you see:
> >
> > WARNING: 'vector/fields' was found in more mapsets (also found in user1).
> >
> > If another bugfix release of 6.2 is foreseen can this be backported ?
> >
> Re-launching this question since we will begin GIS classes soon with
> 6.2.2 and I would like to resolve this before.
>
> Can someone confirm this bug ? If yes, could someone point me to the fix
> in 6.3, so that I can at least locally backport it to 6.2.2 ?

In mapcanvas.tcl, proc MapCanvas::zoom_gregion:

6.2.2:
		if {[catch {close $input} error]} {
			puts $error
			exit
		}
CVS:
		if {[catch {close $input} error]} {
			Gm::errmsg $error [G_msg "Error setting region"]
		}

The quickest fix is to change "exit" to "return" (Gm::errmsg ends with
"uplevel 1 return", which causes its caller to return).

BTW, I note that the top of gm.tcl has been modified to catch errors
and call Gm::errmsg. But Gm::errmsg hasn't been defined at that point.