[GRASS-dev] GAL Framework and GRASS rasters

Radek Bartoň xbarto33 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Oct 16 15:13:13 EDT 2007

Hello GRASS-dev mailing list.

Some time passed and I've been working on desing an implementation of GAL
Framework. Currently core parts of component architecture with remote
execution of interface methods with D-Bus library are working and bindings to
Python are almost finished so it's time to start thinking about next steps.

I heard from Martin Landa that there is need to rewrite GRASS's raster library
so there may be an intersection of GRASS and GAL Framework development
effort. If you'd be interested, we may cooperate to design and implement
raster data internal (file storage, DB storage) and presentation (API)
representation in pure C and I'll then just enwrap this code for GAL
purposes.

I can spend next few months on this so is there a will to do something with
rasters in GRASS? Is anyone working on this currently? Is there an
intentions, ideas, constraints or anything else I should know about?

Thanks for your responses and if you are interested in GAL itself, you may
visit its homepage at http://gal-framework.no-ip.org, see and article written
for Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2007 seminar at
http://geoinformatics.fsv.cvut.cz/wiki/index.php/GAL_Framework, or contact me
to get further informations.

--
Bc. Radek Bartoň