[GRASS-dev] make on SMP [was: GRASS 6.3.0 release preparation]

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Oct 17 18:25:30 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

>>> I hope we don't give up so early. Probably just a few Makefiles
>>> need to be fixed (basically, get the target order right therein).
>>> Not always. As written yesterday, "make -j3" worked for me on my RHEL5
>>> box. Now testing with Mandriva.
>>> Please help testing. Just run it and see if and where it fails.
>>> Then check the problematic Makefile(s) for correct order:
>>> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Development#GRASS_Makefile_writing
>> As for testing: I get the following errors with make -j3 on
>> Intel Core 2 6600 running 2.6.15-29-amd64-xeon (Ubuntu Dapper):
>>
>> --
>> Errors in:
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/lib/gpde
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/imagery/i.vpoints
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/misc/m.cogo
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/raster/r.gwflow
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/raster/r.to.rast3elev
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/raster3d/r3.gwflow
>> /home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/vector/v.sample
>
> What errors, exactly?

That's all it says:

Started compilation: Thu Oct 18 00:07:37 CEST 2007
--
Errors in:
/home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/lib/gpde
/home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/misc/m.cogo
/home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/raster/r.gwflow
/home/maciek/src/straight/grass63/raster3d/r3.gwflow
--
In case of errors please change into the directory with
error and run 'make'. If you get multiple errors, you need

If you'd like to see full make and configure output they are
here [1].

(Note this time there are less modules affected, and there
haven't been any commits to CVS between this and previous
CVS checkout + make run; I remembered to run "make
distclean" both times FWIW).

When I enter dirs mentioned  in "Errors in:", one by one,
and run "make -j3", they build fine and no errors are printed.

Maciek

[1]http://www.biol.uni.wroc.pl/sieczka/udostepnione/grass/grass63_make_j3_18.10.07.tar.bz2