[GRASS-dev] GAL Framework and GRASS rasters

Radek Bartoň xbarto33 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Thu Oct 18 07:06:44 EDT 2007

Dne Wednesday 17 of October 2007 15:46:34 Paolo Cavallini napsal(a):
> Hi Radek.

Hi Paolo.

> I think the proposal is quite interesting, and could be useful
> especially if:
> - integrated with the idea of using a variety of raster formats (e.g.
> through gdal, via a r.external command)
> - could really act as a glue between grass and the (apparently powerful)
> terralib
> pc

Yes, that was my intentions and rationale for making a GAL Framework.

Now I would like to know what intentions with rasters do GRASS developers
have. What would you like to keep and what would you like to change? Then
there could be made low-level C API for both projects.

--
Bc. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Brno University of Technology