[GRASS-dev] r.terraflow not GPL

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 19 20:51:35 EDT 2007

I will try to contact Laura and see whether she has any plans for
maintaining it and
changing the license. If not, I suggest to remove it, although we
will lose
the multiple flow direction flow routing (maybe it could be added to
r.watershed?)
and the capability to process larger DEMs (not possible with
r.watershed).

There is a new system available called terrastream with many new
additional
options and Pfaffstetter-code based watershed hierarchy output, which
is better and
faster and can be run as GRASS module, but users will have to
download and compile
it by themselves - link can be provided on wiki add-on list.
The code is huge, C++ and would be hard to maintain within GRASS.

so give me few days to see whether I can get in touch with Laura and
we can then
do what will be most appropriate,

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Dept. of Marine, Earth and Atm. Sciences
1125 Jordan Hall, NCSU Box 8208,
Raleigh NC 27695
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/