[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 release preparation

Markus Neteler neteler at fbk.eu
Mon Oct 22 12:01:50 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 05:59:36PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 05:51:51PM +0200, Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > William Kyngesburye wrote:
> >
> > > Glynn, do you think the makefile changes for the extension building
> > > will make it into the 6.3 release?
> >
> > It depends upon how soon 6.3 is released. Aside from the time taken to
> > decided and implement the changes, we also need time to allow them to
> > be tested.
> Sure. As we know, people test more if there is a release candidate.
> And that's also easier to maintain (heavy gmath changes are expected
> which should not got into 6.3.0 - but we don't want block them out
> for more weeks).

I'll try to prepare a 6.3.0RC1 today or tomorrow since the Makefile
problems seem to be fixed (I'll also backport things with help of

The QGIS people urgently need a "stable" target for their 0.9
release (to avoid that they package 6.2 or a random 6.3.CVS
for winQGIS...).


PS: please continue to maintain

More information about the grass-dev mailing list