[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][520] v.overlay: "SQL parser error" if output name is "and", "or" or "not"

grass-dev at grass.itc.it grass-dev at grass.itc.it
Tue Oct 23 13:33:24 EDT 2007

code I item #520, was opened at 2007-10-23 19:33
Issue type: module bug
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: vector
Operating system: all
Operating system version:
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 071023

Initial Comment:
I don't think vector names same as logical operators are not allowed. But they make v.overlay fail:

$ v.overlay ainput=small_box atype=area binput=big_box btype=area output=not operator=and

Copying vector objects from vector map <small_box>...
 100%
Collecting input attributes...
WARNING: Database connection not defined for layer 1
Copying vector objects from vector map <big_box>...
 100%
Collecting input attributes...
WARNING: Database connection not defined for layer 1
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error:
in statement:
create table not (cat integer , a_cat integer, b_cat integer )
Error in db_execute_immediate()

ERROR: Unable to create table: 'create table not (cat integer , a_cat
       integer, b_cat integer )'

Same v.overaly command line, but with output other than "and", "or", "not", works OK.

Maciek