[GRASS-dev] winGRASS binaries

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Oct 24 10:23:43 EDT 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 24/10/07 12:50, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
>> That is great news, indeed.
>>
>> How about telling the QGIS developers about where to find these?
>>
>> Are they based on GRASS 6.3.rc1 now?
>
> No, these are CVS-head. I'll compile 6.3-rc1 shortly.
>

>> Should I close the long standing bug report on WinGRASS and DBMI
>> lock-ups at the QGIS bug database?
>
> Yes, I think that it can be closed. But this should be checked in QGIS...

OK, I'll do that as soon as QGIS 0.9 is released, then close the bug
if appropriate.

> Please look at http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wingrass/winconfig.log
> and http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wingrass/fileformats for this kind
> of information.
>
> I have used the compiled gdal libraries provided by Paul. If someone
> would like other formats to be supported, please provide binaries. I'm
> already quite limited in my time for GRASS and do not want to spend it
> figuring out how to compile gdal and its dependencies.

Alright, I was only asking because I am trying to compile a set of
Windows binaries with full capabilities myself and was wondering
if you had any additional information on external packages.
I'll consult the sources you mentioned. Bit by bit, it should be
possible to get Postgres etc. in there.

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik