[GRASS-dev] some backports to 6.3.0-CVS branch

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Oct 30 00:27:54 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Unfortunately, it's starting to look as if the only solution which
> will work with both parallel make and any MinGW make port is to
> unconditionally create the output directory every time.

I have conditionalised all of the order-only prerequisites upon the
variable BROKEN_MAKE. This will be set by default if make is not 3.81,
but can be set explicitly with e.g. "make BROKEN_MAKE=1 ...".

The downside that, when this variable is set, several modules (e.g.
r.terraflow) will be re-compiled from scratch if you re-run make, as
the OBJ.<arch> directory is now an unconditional prerequisite, and
will normally be newer than the object files which it contains.