[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Oct 31 06:00:17 EDT 2007

On 31/10/07 10:48, Hamish wrote:
> Benjamin Ducke wrote:
>> The few remaining things on my list include:
>>
>> - r.los crashes on Win32
>
> can you re-try with the latest code from CVS? I fixed a few things a few days ago. Perhaps a longshot but there was an issue of a CELL map being read into a FCELL array.
>

>> - I also find it annoying that gis.m starts up in the foreground
>> and blocks command line input until you quit it.
>

> grass63.bat has not been given a "-text" command line option?

Yes it has (actually it is init.bat which has it), so if you only want
text then that is no problem. But when you launch grass with -gui you
cannot access the command line. And when you launch it with -text, just
typing gis.m to get the gui does not work. Two issues that we need to
look into.

AFAIK the ampersand '&' does not work to put a process in the background
in cmd.exe. There is a 'start' command but I don't know if that will do
the trick (am not in front of a windows machine right now...).

Moritz