[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS curses issue

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Oct 31 13:02:38 EDT 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 31/10/07 15:55, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
>> Too bad. The only thing I can think of is to replace the text
>> interface with a Tcl/Tk wizard. That would also make it much
>> easier for starters. However, who's going to put all the time
>> into that with a 6.3.0 release pending?
>
> Noone, not only because of the 6.3.0 release, but also because there is
> exactly such an interface in wxgrass... This will be one of the next
> steps, BTW: testing of wxgrass on Windows...

I have been looking into WxGRASS under Windows, so far to no avail.
But I am sure it can be done. The different pieces of information
on the web are just very -- well, complex.

>> I made another ugly discovery: cmd.exe's tab completion is
>> _turned off_ by default on Win >=2000 (unbelievable!).
>> It could be done by writing a registry value (sic!) into
>> the user's registry tree.
>> Should I add that to grass63.bat?
>
> Please don't. If people want tab completion, they can set it themselves.
> This is not related to GRASS.

Right, I found that setting registry entries from the command line
requires add-on software, anyhow.

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik