[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 31 21:09:57 EDT 2007

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> >> Yes, I made a complete install of MSYS + tools and just copied
> >> everything over. I was going to look through it later to check
> >> what can be thrown out and bit by bit make a list of what needs
> >> to go in.
> >>
> >> The wingrass.bat script I posted early starts up cmd.exe in the user's
> >> Windows home directory. Sh.exe also respects that. Thus, scripts look
> >> for files in the user home dir first.
> >> Which I think is OK.
> >
> > I'm talking about cases where the executable needs to open files in
> > /etc, /usr/lib, /usr/share, etc. I'm guessing that the executable
> > isn't going to be expecting "/" to be wherever you put GRASS.
>
> Do you have specific examples that I could test?

Try running "strings" on the executables and looking for occurrences
of /etc, /share etc.

If you have "file", that will want /etc/magic. An interactive shell
will try to read /etc/profile.

Look for MSys files which aren't binaries or DLLs (which will be found
using the path). They will be used by something, and that something
will need to know where to find them.