[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][480] d.what vect -e fails to issue an error if wrong data type is entered

grass-dev at grass.itc.it grass-dev at grass.itc.it
Sun Sep 9 09:44:21 EDT 2007

code I item #480, was opened at 2007-09-09 15:44
Issue type: module bug
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: vector
Operating system: all
Operating system version:
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070909

Initial Comment:
When a vector has eg. an integer column and the user enters a character instead of a number in d.what.vect -e window, the module will still report "Record successfully updated" after pressing Submit button, although this is not true. The module should yield an error that the string enetered does not match columns's data type.