[GRASS-dev] Automatic smart label placement (v.label.sa)

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Sep 10 17:56:32 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm happy to report that I finally had time to spend on debugging my
v.label.sa (automatic label placement) and fixed three serious bugs. The
bugs resulted in labels being placed over lines and other labels even if
more optimal places were available. Also the current (fixed) cvs version
fixes the issue that labels are supposed to be around the center of the
line, rather then in the ends.

I'd appreciate it if someone could test it a bit, and give me feedback.
I plan on changing the font handling so that it takes the name of a
(truetype) font and finds the path from the fontcap. Also customizable
label color and labeling of areas will come later. If you have other
wishes, please don't hesitate to ask.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>