[GRASS-dev] TclTk animator finished - replaces xganim

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 00:13:35 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> I finished updating the new TclTk animation module and committed it to
> the cvs. It does pretty much what xganim did, but with somewhat nicer
> interface. It also has several important improvements over xganim.

One thing I have wanted in a GRASS animation tool is the ability to take
a 3D raster block and animate through the z-layers without having to do
run r3.to.rast first then remove all the sections after. Especially if the
z-axis represents a time-series. A more advanced version could slide
through the x or y axis, or, if you want to get really tricky, normal to
an arbitrary plane. Maybe the fancy stuff is better left for nviz cutting
planes and just try for the z-layers.

Hamish