[GRASS-dev] TclTk animator finished - replaces xganim

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 00:55:22 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> Without apply, you hit OK and the map selection window closes. Then you
> have to reopen it and enter from scratch when you want to change
> something. I could rename apply to OK and have a close button. However,
> the OK button is like a combination of OK and close, and is a default
> that is activated when you hit the return key, which is also handy
> sometimes.

but what if you make it so when you reopen the map selection window the
old choices are still there? (within the same session) Then you don't
start from scratch. Highlighting and deleting a long list of map names is
easy enough.

[minor issue, I assume this is a tcl limitation]
I notice I can use ctrl-click to pick a number of maps at once, but only
left-click to reset and start from scratch. ie no way to unselect a map
without full reset. and shift-click to flood- select a bunch of maps
doesn't work.

Expand "Names" button to "Show names" or "Display map names" or something?
At present it's a bit unclear what that button is supposed to do, and
there is lots of real-estate available in the toolbar for a longer button
name.

Hamish