[GRASS-dev] how to debug TCL

tutey tutey at o2.pl
Tue Sep 18 05:28:08 EDT 2007

Hi

I tried to debug a module running in tcl/tk window, following the instructions in doc/debugging.txt. It reads:

> To debug  TCL code, run (example):
>
> GRASS:~> g.gisenv set="DEBUG=1"
> GRASS:~> d.text.freetype > dtf_tcl.txt

So I do (using v.overlay instead of d.text.freetype), setup options, press "Run". The module crashes after the 3rd run in average.

> then edit 'dtf_tcl.txt'  to remove the "| wish &" from the end.

But my dtf_tcl.txt is always empty, no matter what command used instead of d.text.freetype and no matter if it crashed or not. Setting higher DEBUG level or redirecting both stderr and stdout (v.overlay 2>&1 > dtf_tcl.txt) doesn't change anything.

Where do I go from here? Thanks for any hints.

Maciek