[GRASS-dev] native WinGRASS and attribute data deadlock, next try

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Sep 20 18:03:10 EDT 2007

Here's a new try at getting useful log output and actually I do get
strange results.

Running 'v.out.ogr points type=point dsn=c:\test' I still don't get any
message (except for once where '1%' appeared). I can see dbf.exe in the
windows task manager, but no I/O activity whatsoever. However, when I open
the resulting log file in oocalc, it is 'read-only' which makes me suppose
that the file is not closed yet. It seems as if the process hangs in the
middle of a function, which might explain the uncomplete lines we've
already seen towards the end of the log file. I always have to Ctrl-C to
get out of the command and to get write access to the log files.

I have no idea how to identify which is the driver and which the client -
and also no idea if this makes any difference - so I just called them
side1 and side2 in the code. In the attached log file I already put them
next to each other.

Some of the log files do not show anything interesting (AFAICS), but in
some one of the processes (the one on the sending side in stream 1)
creates much more output than the other, and just before the other (i.e.
the receiving side) stops, the values begin to differ with the receiving
side truncating a few zeros of the value (see lines 23ff in log file).

The layout of the log file is

Function,Stream,Bytes,Value,Function,Stream,Bytes,Value,Bytestest,Valuetest

where the first 4 are from one side and the second 4 from the other side.

Bytestest and Valuetest give the result of a simple =if(x<>y;"ERROR";"OK")
test in oocalc for the "Bytes" and "Values" columns. Just makes it faster
to spot the errors.

Hope this helps identify the problem.

I've also attached the diff to xdr_stdio.c if anyone else wants to try on
a different machine.

Moritz