[GRASS-dev] installed makefile cleanup

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 23 14:07:03 EDT 2007

On Sep 23, 2007, at 12:30 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> - Also, ARCH_LIBDIR and ARCH_INCDIR are needed to find BOTH
> installed GRASS libs and headers AND module built libs and headers
> (for the rare addon module that has its own library).  For the
> INST_NOW build, this works as is.
>
> For the INST_XTN build, the installed GRASS lib/include would have
> to be added to ARCH_INC and ARCH_LIBPATH (slightly different than I
> currently have it).

Rats, all the GRASS dependencies refer to ARCH_LIBDIR.  So leaving it
based on GRASS_HOME for a INST_XTN build won't work.

I got around this in my modbuild by removing $(DEPENDENCIES) from
Module.make.  The best I could come up with now is (I realize
conditionals may not be the best way):

ifdef INST_XTN
$(PROG): $(ARCH_CMD_OBJS)
else
$(PROG): $(ARCH_CMD_OBJS) $(DEPENDENCIES)
endif

and similar for $(ETC)/$(PGM)$(EXE):.

Also, after doing this, that INST_XTN/INST_NOW=y as env var still has
problems.  After the build, it displays "INST_XTN= make", then tries
to look for the libgrass_display dependency.  If I remove the
inst_xtn target stuff and use INST_XTN as make var ("make
INST_XTN=y") it exits cleanly.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy