[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 Migration from CVS to SVN

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Sep 27 04:37:31 EDT 2007

Hello Markus,

sorry for the late coment. I am catching up the list only in certain
intervals and usually can not react immediately unless put in cc
or notified else.

On Freitag, 14. September 2007, Markus Neteler wrote:
> we should decide (or give a recommendation to the
> developers team) about the migration from CVS to SVN.
> This is currently holding the start of GRASS 7 development.
>
> Essentially, all want to migrate to SVN for various
> advantages already discussed. But we have to define
> where the hosting will take place. Currently there
> are two offers:
>
> - SVN with GForge at Intevation in Germany
> - SVN with Trac and Wiki at OSGeo.org
>
> With help from Martin Landa I made a Wiki page to
> confront both suggestions:
>
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/SVN_hosting

this list apparenly is driven by the wish to go to osgeo.
The contras against GForge are basicall contras against the bug tracker
and I fail to see a neutral judgement.
It seems, a decision was made before argument collection.

However, there is no reason for me to fight for anything here.
I you want to go OSGeo, so be it.
Of course we will help/assist to support the migration. At some
point you may want a tar ball of the whole repository. Please contact
me and Bernhard directly for quick reaction or a scheduled date.

Best

	Jan