[GRASS-dev] MISR HDF-EOS2 data

Francesco P. Lovergine francesco at lovergine.com
Thu Sep 6 05:40:50 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:11:23AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Francesco P. Lovergine wrote on 09/06/2007 10:40 AM:
> > Could someone confirm that MISR radiance/geometric data need an ad-hoc
> > importer for grass? I'm going to write down such a tool based on
> > MISR toolkit, just like to know if i'm wasting my time...
> >

> Maybe yes - did you check GDAL support? In the end everything goes through
> GDAL into GRASS. That would be the best start to add a driver (if needed).
> Does 'gdalinfo' fail?

It does not fail, because it is a HDF file variant, but metadata needs
to be used in order to extract and used properly in order to unpack the
stacked-block structure and use geo-location information.
Yes, I was thinking to that too in order to translate HDF-EOS2/MISR in other formats.
The MISR data are about complicated like the MODIS ones AFAIK.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine