[GRASS-dev] New GRASS icons

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 2 08:59:15 EDT 2008

Hi all,

(cc Marco Hugentobler for QGIS, refering to
  http://www.szczepanek.pl/icons.grass/
)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Robert Szczepanek <grass at szczepanek.pl> wrote:
>  hamish_b wrote:
>  >
>  > (...)
>  > I guess eventually we can push compatible icons over to QGIS so the user
>  > only has to remember one icon per task and so using the QGIS toolbox
>  > becomes a familiar and natural experience (& vice versa).
>  > (...)
>  > Hamish
>  >

>  I try to make it as universal as possible.
>  At the beggining I looked at most the popular GIS systems (also QGIS), but
>  sometimes true design pearls are hidden in almost unknown GIS (or related)
>  systems.
>  So all suggestions from you wil be very valuable.
>
>  thanks,
>  Robert

I would like to strongly recommend the colaboration with QGIS for the
plugins. Apparently (AFAIK) you can load different themes there, so
a common icon set would fit well. If users prefer the QGIS default set,
no problem. But at least they could switch...

Of course it would be more work.

Best
Markus