[GRASS-dev] sqlite and grass64

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Apr 8 09:23:42 EDT 2008

Michael Barton pisze:

> SQLite Browser is a light-weight application that we could package
> with GRASS if we wanted to switch to SQLite before making wxPython
> the default GUI. It's nice, but my concern with it is that is appears
> not to have been updated for a couple years. I found one other free
> tool for the Mac to access SQLite databases (a couple others to
> manage them only). There seems to be more available for Windows and
> Linux.

FWIW SQLite Administrator looks very interesting [1]. From their
screendumps it resembles PgAdmin much.

(Un)Related cool stuff I just found - SpatialLite [2]. It aims to be
same thing for SQLite as PostGIS is for PostgreSQL. Maybe an inspiration
for a new GRASS vector format someday?

[1]http://sqliteadmin.orbmu2k.de/
[2]http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite