[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to 'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 9 12:43:07 EDT 2008

#110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to
'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  marisn    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Component:  default   |     Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:            |    Keywords:  dbf
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rouault):

 kyngchaos gave the solution.

 All you need to do is to replace the implementation of shp_vsi.c that is
 done in GDAL by the one which is most appropriate to GRASS if there is an
 abstraction I/O layer in GRASS (I don't know GRASS). One of the solutions
 is just to do a trivial implementation thats maps the VSI_SHP_Open
 /VSI_SHP_Seek/VSI_SHP_Write/VSI_SHP_Read/VSI_SHP_Flush/VSI_SHP_Tell_VSI_SHP_Close
 to fopen/fseek/fwrite/fread/fflush/ftell/fclose.

 And you should be able to continue to sync dbfopen.c, shpopen.c and
 shapefil.h

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/110#comment:8>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>