[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #50: g.copy segfaults (debian.gfoss.it package) [and latest SVN]

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Apr 12 16:30:41 EDT 2008

GRASS GIS wrote:

>  Currently all segfault reporters where using GCC 4.x. I have not tested
>  grass_trunk for some time on this bug, but when it was first reported, I
>  was able to reproduce segfault on two 32bit Gentoo systems with GCC-4.x
>  without stack protection.

I'll install gcc 4.x and see if I can reproduce it.

>  Glynn - try to disable stack protection before
>  running g.copy.

What is the option for that?

>  Also please explain how to get proper asm backtrace or any
>  other variables You are interested into to add printf's, as when I used
>  printf's, I was not able to spot any strange values.

Useful commands for assembler debugging:

"disassemble" prints disassembled code, by default the function
corresponding to the selected stack frame.

"info registers" prints the CPU registers.

"x" displays arbitrary regions of memory.

Use "help" within gdb for more information; for full details on the
"x" command, see section 8.5 of the gdb Info file.