[GRASS-dev] r.infer, r.weight, r.combine vs r.mapcalc

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Apr 13 11:51:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

Looking into the potential of using GRASS for multi-criteria analysis, I
came upon Peter Löwe's article about r.infer in GRASS News Vol. 3 [1].
He also mentions r.weight and r.combine in the article (all from 5.4,
never ported to 6.x). I'm not sure I completely understand what these
three can do what r.mapcalc cannot do. Is it only a question of ease of
usage ?

If they do prove to be of added value, are there any people out there
who would be interested in reviving these modules ?

Moritz

]1] http://grass.itc.it/newsletter/GRASSNews_vol3.pdf